To compliment our Egg Blog, we thought we would share a delicious recipe using those fresh eggs you bought!
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1.5 ounces Asiago cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 thyme sprigs (optional)
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
3. Heat a medium ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes or until translucent. Add egg mixture to pan; cook 5 minutes or until eggs are partially set. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese. Arrange tomatoes over egg mixture. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons cheese over top. Place pan in oven; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is lightly browned and eggs are set. Remove pan from oven. Cut frittata into 8 wedges. Garnish with thyme sprigs, if desired.
Note: Customize the frittata–essentially a large, crispy-bottomed omelet–with any vegetables, fresh herbs, or cheeses you like.