It’s Meatless Monday! What better way to celebrate than these delicious Balsamic Zucchini. We know you’re gonna love em!
• 4 lb medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 1/2 oz finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/2 cup)
• 1/3 cup pine nuts (1 oz), toasted and finely chopped
Toss zucchini with oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange zucchini in 1 layer in 2 shallow baking pans (1 inch deep). Broil 1 pan of zucchini 3 to 5 inches from heat, without turning, until browned in spots and beginning to soften, 4 to 6 minutes.
Drizzle 2 tablespoons vinegar over broiled zucchini and shake pan a few times, then continue to broil until most of vinegar is evaporated, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over broiled zucchini and broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute more.
Cook remaining pan of zucchini in same manner. Cool to room temperature and serve sprinkled with pine nuts.