Grilled Broccoli N’ Cheese
What a great way to enjoy broccoli! Healthy and yummy too!
• 1 head broccoli; cut into large florets, stem trimmed to 4 inches long
• 1 lemon; zested and juiced
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1/4 cup finely grated pecorino romano cheese or parmesan cheese
• 1/4 cup toasted breadcrumbs (optional)
1. Preheat grill to medium heat, or if using charcoal, once coals have turned gray, spread out evenly and heat rack.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the lemon zest & juice, crushed red pepper (if desired) and kosher salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
3. Add the broccoli to the bowl and toss to coat with the vinaigrette. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the broccoli from the bowl, and place on the grill. Reserve the leftover vinaigrette. Allow the broccoli to cook for 3 minutes on each side or until it is charred and crispy.
5. Place the grilled broccoli on a platter and top with grated cheese and toasted breadcrumbs if desired.