Tomatoes! Easy Ways To Enjoy Them
We love tomatoes! They are always a season favorite. Here are a few easy ways to enjoy their incredible flavor.
Feta tomato salad:
Arrange sliced tomatoes on a platter and top with chopped or small leaves of fresh oregano and crumbled feta. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top and season with salt and pepper.
Cut tomatoes in half and put on a rimmed baking sheet, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and season with herbes de Provence, chopped garlic, salt, and pepper. Roast at 250° until shrunk by half but still juicy, about 8 hours. Serve on toasted baguette slices with fresh mozzarella.
Cherry tomato and garlic pan sauce:
Sauté cherry tomatoes in olive oil with garlic, salt, and pepper until tomatoes pop, 5 to 10 minutes. Toss with pasta.
Chopped Fresh Tomato Salsa:
Makes 1 1/2 cups
• 1/2 medium white onion, chopped
• 1 to 2 serrano peppers or 1 small jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded (optional), and finely chopped
• 2 small medium-red ripe round tomatoes or 4 to 5 plum tomatoes, chopped
• 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• Coarse salt
1. Place onion in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water. Shake off excess water and transfer to a large bowl. Add peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and lime juice. Stir until well combined; season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.